Donor Database Specialist
Published on 01/18/2024Orphan Outreach - Plano, TX
Orphan Outreach is a Christian non-profit serving orphaned and vulnerable children in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. Our mission is to glorify Jesus Christ by having a significant, long-term impact on orphaned and vulnerable children, equipping each child for a fulfilling, independent Christian life in their community.
Orphan Outreach is seeking a Donor Database Specialist to enter all donor gifts, maintain donor records and assist in reporting and analysis needs. The Donor Database Specialist is an integral part of the Orphan Outreach team supporting all departments in maintaining data integrity. An effective Database Specialist will manage all processes related to capturing, inputting, organizing, and reporting donor information. The Donor Database Specialist will ensure that all processes are optimized in order to achieve Orphan Outreach’s strategic goals and assist in building stronger donor relationships. A high degree of efficiency, problem-solving skills, and organization are necessary for the success of this position. In addition, the Donor Database Specialist should be a forward-thinker, effectively implementing strategies and processes that will contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Team and Orphan Outreach.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Maintain Donor Database Integrity and Accuracy
- Manage, develop, and clearly communicate all processes related to donor records, including capturing, inputting, organizing, and reporting donor constituent information to ensure accuracy and maintain high level of donor care.
- Responsible for all data entry into the Donor Database. Process all gift entries, and manage recurring gifts, planned gifts, pledges and pledge payments in accordance with IRS standards and Orphan Outreach’s gift acceptance policy.
- Ensure donor receipts and in-honor cards are mailed each month.
Wealth Insights and Research
- Work with donor development and advancement team to assist in identifying key donor trends within the database (increasing donations, lapsing donors, donor retention, etc.)
- Assist development in researching donor giving interest and analyzing wealth insights.
Reporting, Analysis and Data Output
- Collaborate with Orphan Outreach’s fundraising, marketing, special events, finance, missions and sponsorship teams to understand their data needs and develop reports, dashboards, automations and analytics within the Virtuous CRM to support departmental efforts.
- Provide timely and accurate mailing lists for direct mail, giving campaigns and special events.
- Provide support and engage as part of the Special Events team for major events hosted by Orphan Outreach.
Training & Technology Support
- Train all staff members and departments on the daily use of the CRM system and ensure it is used effectively. Facilitate training and transition from Raiser’s Edge to Virtuous.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with staff as they arise.
- Work with the Hope Software Solutions team to troubleshoot technical issues related to the CRM system and the online admin system used to coordinate mission trips and sponsorships.
- Research available technologies on an ongoing basis and make recommendations for improvements as well as manage the implementation of new technologies or CRM software to maximize Orphan Outreach fundraising efforts and ensure all departmental needs are represented.
- Stay up to date with developments in the Virtuous CRM and be an advocate for new and improved automated processes and implementing the best solutions throughout Orphan Outreach
- Maintain computer inventory throughout Orphan Outreach.
- Assist with management of IT Services.
- Support all departments with a heart for services.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values. Involved in local church and understands the role and value of the church as advocates for orphans. ·Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge.
- Must be familiar with constituent relationship management (CRM) system; Raiser’s Edge and Virtuous recommended.
- Ability to work in Plano Office. Orphan Outreach provides an In-Office /Hybrid Remote Work Environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in all work performed.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and resolve issues/problems.
- Must be able to think big picture as well as granularly.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in translating high-level/technical information to diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all types of personalities and communication styles.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within all levels of the organization
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
Skills and Proficiencies
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Advanced working knowledge of Mac Environment
- Able to use and learn new technologies
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan options, paid time off, and opportunities for professional development and growth.